Oulu, Northern Ostrobothnia Region, Finland
The Toppila Harbour (port code:FITOP) is a former harbour of the Port of Oulu. districts. It was establsihed by the Oulu trading company in 1724 and it was closed in 2012. It was located on both sides of the Toppilansalmi strait in the Toppilansaari and Toppila districts. Once a busy harbour, Toppila was closed from commercial traffic at the end of April 2012.
Before the closure Toppila was a quiet harbour mainly used by bulk carriers. There were no fixed crane on the 450-metre pier and most of harbour activity had ceased already during the 1990s. Entire former harbour area has been zoned for apartment buildings.