The port of Okhotsk (Port Code: RUOHO) is also known as Okhotskiy Morsky Rybnyy. It lies in the estuary of the River Kukhtuy, on the north coast of Sea of Okhotsk. In 1736, Okhotsk was moved 3 km (2 mi) downstream to a spit of land at the mouth of the Okhota River, converting the ostrog into a proper port.
The port consists of an outer roadstead (Okhotskiy Reyd) and the inner port (on left bank of Reka Kukhtuy), the primary activity is fishing. Ice closes the port in winter. Vessels with a draught of more than 3.0m can only enter and depart at HW. At this time quays in the inner port can be reached by vessels with a draught up to 4.0m.