The Port of Ningbo, with a history of more than 1,000 years, is an ancient historical port in Zhejiang and a rapidly developing modern port in China. The cargo throughput of this commercial port was 110 million tons in 2000. In December 2014, it surpassed Busan Port to become the world's fifth largest container port. Ningbo Port is a good port with deep water, smooth flow, small wind and waves, no freezing, and less silt. It is a port for ore, crude oil and liquefied products. It is also a major Chinese port for container cross-border transportation. Ningbo Port is located on the west coast of the Pacific Ocean and the middle of the coastline of mainland China. It radiates from inside and outside to East China and the Yangtze River Delta through roads, railways, the Yangtze River, and the Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal. It also has trade and transportation with more than 560 overseas ports in the world.
On January 1, 2006, Ningbo Port and Zhoushan Port were formally merged into Ningbo Zhoushan Port. On September 28, 2010, Ningbo Port Co., Ltd. was listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The predecessor of Ningbo Port was Ningbo Port Authority. Ningbo Port is composed of Beilun Port Area, Zhenhai Port Area, Ningbo Port Area, Daxie Port Area, and Chuanshan Port Area. It is a multifunctional and comprehensive modern deep-water port integrating inland river port, estuary port and sea port. There are 309 productive berths, including 60 deep-water berths above 10,000 tons. The largest are the 250,000-ton crude oil terminal, the 200,000-ton-class (9 can also accommodate 300,000-ton ships) mine unloading dock, the sixth-generation international container berth and the 50,000-ton liquid chemical berth; More than 600 ports in more than 100 countries and regions are open to navigation. In March 2012, the State Council approved the opening of the Meishan Port Area of Ningbo Port. In 2013, Ningbo Zhoushan Combined Port's annual cargo throughput reached 809 million tons, surpassing Shanghai Port and ranking first in the world. In 2014, Ningbo Zhoushan Port achieved a total cargo throughput of 873 million tons, firmly occupying the world's largest total cargo throughput.
The geographical coordinates of Ningbo Port are: 121 ° 33 ′ 24 ″ E, 29 ° 52 ′ 54 ″ N in the old port area of Ningbo; 121 ° 43 ′ 00 ″ E, 29 ° 52 ′ 00 ″ N in the Zhenhai operation area; 121 ° 52 ′ 00 ″ N in the Beilun operation area ° 51 ′ 05 ″ E, 29 ° 56 ′ 8.6 ″ N. Ningbo Port is located in the middle of my country's mainland coastline, at the intersection of the north-south and the "T"-shaped structure of the Yangtze River. It has a moderate geographic location and is a well-known deep-water port in mainland China. The natural conditions of Ningbo Port are unique, and the radiation is convenient inside and outside. It directly faces East Asia and the entire Pacific Rim. The sea to Hong Kong, Kaohsiung, Busan, Osaka, and Kobe are within 1,000 nautical miles; not only can it connect to coastal ports, but also connect the Yangtze River and the Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal through river-sea combined transportation, and directly cover the entire East China region and the economically developed Yangtze River The basin is an ideal distribution center for ocean transportation radiation from China's coast to ports in the Americas, Oceania and South America. The water in Ningbo Port is deep and the wind and waves are small. The water depth of the approaching channel is above 18.2 meters, and ships of 250,000 tons and 300,000 tons can enter and exit the port by tide. The deep water coastline that can be developed is more than 120km, which has broad prospects for development and construction. There is the Zhoushan Islands in the north of Beilun port area as a natural barrier. The construction of docks in Beilun port area does not require the construction of breakwaters. The investment is low and the benefit is high. The wide land area behind the deep water coastline is extremely beneficial to the development of port storage, storage and coastal industries. .
Ningbo Port is a major transit and storage base for containers, ore, crude oil, and liquid chemicals in Mainland China, and a major transit and storage base for bulk cargo such as coal and grain in East China. Ningbo Port is composed of Beilun Port, Zhenhai Port, Daxie Port, Chuanshan Port, Meishan Port, Xiangshan Port, and Ningbo Old Port. A multi-functional and comprehensive modern port with small and medium berths. There are 311 productive berths, including 64 deep-water berths above 10,000 tons (33 extra-large deep-water berths ranging from 50,000 to 250,000 tons). The largest distribution port for large ships and one of the few ocean shipping node ports in the world.
Under the correct leadership of the superiors, the Ningbo Port Group closely focused on the goal of building a world-class deep-water hub port and container ocean trunk port, thoroughly implemented the scientific development concept, actively explored domestic and foreign markets, strived to improve the quality and efficiency of development, and overcome difficulties. , Striving to be first-class, while the port production and construction has achieved sustained and rapid development, the spiritual civilization creation has also achieved outstanding results.
In 2007, Ningbo port cargo throughput exceeded 345 million tons, an increase of 11.5%; container throughput of over 9.35 million TEUs, an increase of 32.3% in 2006, Ningbo Port container nominated World "five good port", China World dry port mouth The only port shortlisted. At present, Ningbo Port has trade relations with more than 600 ports in more than 100 countries and regions around the world, forming a collection and distribution network covering the world. In 2007, Ningbo Port Group completed operating income of 5.3 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 18.02%; realized profit increased by 38.7% year-on-year, and its main economic indicators were at the leading level of national ports. State-owned assets continue to increase. By the end of 2007, Ningbo Port Group's total assets and net assets reached 20.6 billion yuan and 11.7 billion yuan respectively. At the same time, Ningbo Port Group adheres to scientific development, actively fulfills its social responsibilities and obligations, adheres to the simultaneous advancement of environmental protection, energy saving and consumption reduction work with port production and construction, and the port area is safe and orderly.
Ningbo Port is located on the east coast of Zhejiang, including five port areas of Beilun, Ningbo, Zhenhai, Daxie, and Chuanshan. It is an important port and shipping transit hub for foreign trade in my country's history. Important ports in the world. As one of the four major international deep-water transshipment ports to be developed and constructed in Mainland China, Ningbo Port has great advantages in terms of location, water depth of navigation channels, shoreline resources, land support, and development potential.
Beilun Port is now the most important port area in Ningbo. The old port of Ningbo is mainly a passenger port. Zhenhai Port has built two special coal terminals with a 10,000-ton level and a 3,000-ton level, and two newly built 24,000-ton crude oil terminals on the east side of Yongjiangkou. Beilun Port is my country's first 100,000-ton ore transshipment terminal, which mainly serves the import of iron ore from Shanghai Baoshan Iron and Steel General Plant. The port of Beilun Port has wide water depth and a navigation channel for 300,000-ton ships. The terminal has advanced equipment and high degree of mechanization. The giant ship's grab can grab 30 tons of ore at a time. A 100,000-ton ship cargo can be completed in just over a day.With the approval of the Ministry of Communications, the name "Ningbo-Zhoushan Port" will be officially opened. From January 1, 2016, the original names of "Ningbo Port" and "Zhoushan Port" will no longer be used.
- In 2008, the cargo throughput of Ningbo-Zhoushan Port surpassed Shanghai Port and became the largest port in the country. The foreign trade cargo throughput ranks second in the country; the container throughput is expected to complete 11.226 million TEUs, ranking third in the country.
- From January to September 2009, Ningbo-Zhoushan Port completed a total cargo throughput of 427.99 million tons, continuing to rank first.
- A total of 7.6427 million TEUs of container throughput have been completed, a significant drop from the same period last year, ranking fifth in the country. , The accumulated throughput of foreign trade cargo was 179.34 million tons.
- In 2010, Ningbo-Zhoushan Port achieved a cargo throughput of 410 million tons, a year-on-year increase of 7.4%, an increase of 1.3 percentage points year-on-year; a container throughput of 13.004 million TEUs, an increase of 24.8% year-on-year, and a year-on-year growth rate of 38.7 percentage points.
- In 2011, Ningbo-Zhoushan Port completed 433 million tons of cargo throughput, a year-on-year increase of 5.15%; container throughput completed 14.51 million TEU, a year-on-year increase of 11.6%, and container throughput steadily ranked third in China and sixth in the world.
- In 2013, Ningbo Zhoushan Port's annual cargo throughput reached 809 million tons, surpassing Shanghai Port and ranking first in the world. The container throughput is 17.35 million TEUs, ranking sixth in the world. In 2014, Ningbo Zhoushan Port achieved a total cargo throughput of 873 million tons, firmly occupying the world's largest total cargo throughput. The container throughput is 19.45 million TEUs, ranking fifth in the world. In the first 11 months of 2015, container throughput increased by 6.38% to 20.53 million containers, surpassing Hong Kong terminals and ranking second in the world.
- Temperature: The multi-year average temperature is 16.3 ℃, the extreme maximum temperature is 39.4 ℃, the extreme minimum temperature is ℃, the highest monthly average temperature is 28.1 ℃ (July), and the lowest monthly average temperature is 4.3 ℃ (January).
- Ice conditions: The waters of Ningbo Port have never been frozen and open to navigation all year round.
- Wind conditions: normal wind to northwest, frequency 13.4%; subnormal wind to northeast, frequency 11.0%; winter normal wind to northwest, summer normal wind to southeast east; strong winds to northeast and northeast, the maximum wind speed is 38 m/s and 37 respectively Meters per second. The multi-year average number of wind days ≥6 is 32 days, the number of wind days ≥7 is 15 days, and the number of wind days ≥8 is 6 days.
- Precipitation: There is plenty of rainfall in this area, with an average annual rainfall of 158 days. The rainy season is from May to June each year, and there are heavy rains brought by typhoons from July to October. The rainfall in September accounts for 25% of the annual rainfall, and there is less rainfall in winter.
- Precipitation characteristics: The multi-year average precipitation is 1,411 mm, the maximum monthly precipitation is 243 mm, the maximum daily precipitation is 145 mm, and the number of precipitation days with the multi-year average precipitation ≥ 25 mm is 11 days.
- Tide: It is an irregular half-diurnal tide. The annual average maximum and minimum tide levels are 3.1 meters and 1.43 meters in Ningbo Port, 2.19 meters and 1.16 meters in the Zhenhai Port Area, 2.9 meters and 1.12 meters in the Beilun Port Area: The average annual tidal range is: Ningbo Port Area 1.74 meters, Zhenhai Port Area 1.71 meters, 1.82 meters in Beicang port area.
- Tidal current: The tide of the Yongjiang River flows along the river course. The flow rate is generally 1-2 knots when the tide rises. In case of flood discharge in the upper reaches of the Yongjiang River, the current reaches a maximum of 2.5 knots.
- When the wind is strong, the tide level and velocity will have a certain influence. The tides in Beilun Port area are mostly reciprocating. The designed flow rate of the 200,000-ton-class ore terminal has been built as follows: the high tide is 1.50 m/s, the flow direction is 298 degrees; the ebb tide is 2.0 m/s, the flow direction is 114 degrees.
- Waves: Ningbo and Zhenhai port areas are both Neijiang, without waves. The Beilun port area is surrounded by the Zhoushan Islands as a natural barrier for environmental protection. The waves are small and there is no need to build a breakwater.
Operating project Ningbo Port infrastructure.
Ningbo Port is mainly engaged in the handling, storage and transit of imported iron ore, domestic and foreign trade containers, crude oil products, liquid chemical products, coal and other bulk cargoes. In 2007, Ningbo Port's cargo throughput reached 345 million tons, a year-on-year increase of 12%, ranking second only to Shanghai Port; the container throughput exceeded 9 million TEUs, reaching 9.35 million TEUs, ranking fourth in mainland China. , A year-on-year increase of 32.3%, maintaining a growth rate of more than 30% for 10 consecutive years. The unique natural conditions of Ningbo Port enable it to develop rapidly. Both the port's throughput capacity and cargo throughput have exceeded 100 million tons. There are currently 163 container liner routes with more than 700 monthly flights. The top 20 shipping companies in the world have all landed in Ningbo Port. Ningbo Port has complete inspection units, fast and efficient. Since May 1996, Ningbo port inspection and service units have all entered the port area to work together on site to provide customers with one-stop services such as customs declaration, inspection, finance, insurance, shipping and freight forwarding.