Vaasa, known as "Nikolai city" before 1917. Capital of wasa Province in western Finland. On the Gulf of Bosnia, 354 km southeast of Helsinki. With a population of 5400 (1981), almost half speak Swedish. Built in 1606, it was burned by fire in 1852. Rebuilt in 1860. Seaport, export wood and raw materials, regular shift to Sweden. The railway terminal. Air station. There is a fishery. Industry has wood, cotton, knitting and flour.
* Tell us which Seaport info wrong or missing.
The Port of Vaasa (Port Code: FIVAA) is a multimodal port located in the city of Vaasa on the west coast of Finland, in the Kvarken area of the Gulf of Bothnia. It is situated on the island of Vaskiluoto. By volume and scope of services offered, Vaasa port is the centre of passenger and freight transport on the Ostrobothnian coast. In addition to the port's speedy car ferry service, transport is further facilitated by excellent connections by road, rail and air. The principal parts of the port are Vaskiluoto harbour, Oil harbour, Coal harbour and Inner harbour with a length of quayage totalling 1,614m. The oil harbour has a storage capacity of 280,000m³, with heating oil distributed to surrounding districts by road tanker. Two power stations are located in the port area, and coal is imported at the coal harbour for use as fuel. Ferry services operate between Vaasa and Umea (Sweden) up to twice daily. The port operates a free zone providing import/export trade concessions.
©2022 Seabay International Freight Forwarding Ltd. All rights Reserved