China has always been an essential part in international trade, Let's take a look at its top 10 seaports!
China has always been an essential part in international trade, Let's take a look at its top 10 seaports!
1. Ningbo Zhoushan port. Ningbo port is one of the five most significant ports in the world and one of the three largest ports in China, among which Ningbo port ranks the first in cargo throughput and the third in container throughput in China. The total area of the city is 9365 square kilometers. It is located in eastern Zhejiang, south of Yangtze River Delta, with Hangzhou Bay in the north, Shaoxing in the west, Taizhou in the south, and Zhoushan across the sea in the northeast.
Ningbo Zhoushan port is composed of 19 port areas such as Zhenhai, Beilun, Daxie, Chuanshan, Meishan, Jintang, Qushan, Liuheng, Cengang and Yangshan. There are more than 620 berths, including nearly 170 large berths over 10,000 tons and more than 100 large and extra-large deep water berths over 50,000 tons. The main channel of the core port area has a water depth of -22.5 meters or more, allowing large vessels of 300,000 tons to enter and leave the port freely, and super large ships of 400,000 tons or more to enter and leave the dock at the tide. It is the port with the most significant number of super-large vessels entering and exiting in China and a rare good deep water port globally. In 2020, the cargo throughput of Ningbo Zhoushan Port reached 1.172 billion tons, up 4.7% year on year, maintaining first place in the world for 12 consecutive years. The container throughput of 28.722 million TEUs was completed, with a year-on-year growth of 4.3%, ranking third in the world.
2. Shanghai port. Shanghai port is located in the Yangtze River delta front, in the middle of China's mainland coastline of 18000 kilometers, the conjugate of the Yangtze River estuary.
The land area of the port area consists of the south bank of the Yangtze River port area, the north bank of Hangzhou Bay port area, the Huangpu Riverport area, and the Yangshan deepwater port area. By the end of 2016, Shanghai Port has established container cargo trade with more than 500 ports in 214 countries and regions worldwide, with more than 80 international routes. In 2016, the port of Shanghai handled 702 million tons of cargo and 37.13 million TEUs of containers. In 2018, the cargo throughput of Shanghai Port ranked second in the world. The main business areas of the port include loading and unloading of port containers, bulk cargo, and general cargo, as well as port services related to port production, such as pilotage, ship towing, tallying, lightening, warehousing, cargo agency, card collection transportation, international cruise services, and port logistics business. Shanghai port is divided into Yangshan port and outer port.
3. Tianjin Port. Tianjin port is located at the mouth of the Haihe River in Tianjin, at the intersection of the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei urban agglomeration and the Bohai Rim Economic Circle. It is an important comprehensive port and foreign trade port in northern China.
As of 2019, Tianjin Port has a coastline of 32.7 kilometers, a water area of 336 square kilometers, and a land area of 131 square kilometers. Tianjin port comprises five port areas: the north Xinjiang Port Area, South Xinjiang port area, East Xinjiang Port area, the southern part of Lingang Economical Zone, and the eastern part of Nangang Port area. In 2018, Tianjin Port handled 446.04 million tons of cargo and 258.64 million tons of foreign trade cargo.
4. Guangzhou port, Guangzhou port is a Port in Guangzhou city, Guangdong Province, China. It is located at the mouth of the Pearl River and the center of the Pearl River Delta region, bordering on the South China Sea, Hong Kong, and Macao, where the Dongjiang, Xijiang, and Beijiang rivers meet to flow into the sea.
Guangzhou port is composed of seaports and inland ports. Guangzhou seaports include The Inner port area, the Whampoa Port area, Xinsha Port area, Nansha Port area. Anchorage areas in the waters of Pearl River estuary.
Guangzhou inland port is composed of three ports, namely, Panyu, Wuhe, and Xintang. In 2017, the cargo throughput of Guangzhou Port (including Guangzhou port and inland river port) was 590 million tons; The container throughput is 20.37 million TEUs. As of August 2018, The Port of Guangzhou has reached more than 400 ports in more than 100 countries and regions. In 2018, the port's cargo throughput ranked fifth in the world.
5.Qingdao Port. Qingdao Port is located in Shandong Province, China, is located in the Shandong Peninsula Jiaozhou Bay, near the Yellow Sea, with Japan and the Korean Peninsula across the sea, It is the international trade Port and transit hub along the Yellow River basin and the west coast of the Pacific Rim international trade Port and transit hub.
Qingdao port is divided into four parts: Dagang Port area, Zhonghong Port area, Huangdao oil port area and Qianwan port area. Qingdao port business covers Shandong, along the Yellow River, and central Asia. As of 2011, Qingdao Port has 18 piers with 69 berths. By the end of 2018, Qingdao Port had more than 160 container routes. In 2019, the cargo throughput of Qingdao Port exceeded 515 million tons, up 6.1% year on year, and the container throughput was 21.01 million TEU, up 8.8% year on year.
6. Suzhou port. Suzhou port is located in the Yangtze river estuary, back against Jiangsu, Wuxi and Changzhou which are the developed areas in China, adjacent to Shanghai.
Suzhou port consist of Zhangjiagang port, Changshu port and Taicang port. Zhangjiagang Port has specialized terminals for containers, general cargo and bulk cargo, and has cargo exchanges with more than 140 ports in more than 40 countries and regions in the world. It can undertake import and export cargo loading and unloading, storage, transit, transportation, tallying, agent, trade, ship towing, agent, supply, group project construction supervision, mechanical equipment repair and installation, group services, information, leasing and other businesses. In 2019, the port of Suzhou ranks seventh among the world's top ten ports in terms of port cargo throughput.
7. Dalian Port is located in Dalian Bay, at the southern end of liaodong Peninsula, Dalian Port is the most important comprehensive foreign trade port in northeast China. Dalian is the terminus of the Harbin-Dalian Line. Taking the three northeastern provinces as the economic hinterland, Dalian is the gateway of northeast China
The water area of Dalian Port is 346 square kilometers, the land area of the core port area is about 18 square kilometers, the land area 15 square kilometers, the bonded port area 6.88 square kilometers. Its container handling capacity is 16 million TEUs. By 2013, Dalian port was the eighth largest seaport in China after Ningbo-Zhoushan, Shanghai, Tianjin, Guangzhou, Suzhou, Qingdao and Tangshan, and the total cargo throughput ranked 10th in the world. In 2017, Dalian Port handled 451 million tons of cargo. As of July 2019, Dalian Port is mainly engaged in the loading, unloading, storage and transportation services of crude oil, refined oil and liquid chemical products, as well as passenger transport services.
8. Tangshan port. Tangshan port is located in the southeast coast of Tangshan City, Hebei Province. It is an important regional port along the coast of China and an important part of the specialized transportation system of energy, raw materials and other bulk materials. Tangshan port is adjacent to the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei city cluster. Caofeidian is 400 nautical miles from Incheon, South Korea, 680 nautical miles from Nagasaki and 935 nautical miles from Kobe in Japan. Shipping routes are also smooth with ore exporting countries such as Australia, Brazil, Peru, South Africa and India. In 2019, the cargo throughput of Tangshan Port was 656.74 million tons, up 3.08% year on year, ranking third in the world
9. Qinhuangdao port. Qinhuangdao port,a famous natural ice-free port in north China, is located on the shore of bohai Sea. It boasts zigzagging coast line, vast and deep harbor. The ten thousand tons cargo ship can freely enter and exit. Qinhuangdao port is the world's largest energy export port, an important hub port of China's "north coal transport to south" channel, responsible for the coal supply of "eight provinces and one city" in southern China.
In 2015, Qinhuangdao port handled over 500,000 TEUs, an increase of 20.9% compared with 2014. According to the official website of Qinhuangdao Port in October 2019, Qinhuangdao port has a 12.2 kilometers long coastline, 11.3 square kilometer land area, 226.9 square kilometers water area, It can be divided into two eastern and western port areas; It operates 50 berths, including 44 berths over 10,000 tons. Among them, there are 23 coal berths, 7 oil and liquid chemical berths, 17 general cargo berths and 3 container berths.
10. Yingkou Port is located on the northeast coast of Liaodong Bay in the Bohai Sea, facing the Bohai Sea in the west. The port consists of Yingkou Port, Bayuquan port, and Xianren Island port. Yingkou Port area is located in the mouth of the Liaohe River; Bayuquan port is located in the south of Yingkou Port in Taizi Mountain; Xianren Port is situated in Bayuquan about six nautical miles south of Xianren Island. At present, Yingkou Port has been opened to Japan. Many international container lines and branch lines in Hong Kong are connected to the world. The first refrigerated train in China (Jilin Dehui to Bayuquan) has been operating for many years. More than 130 ports in more than 40 countries (regions) have established transport business links with Yingkou Port.
Disclaimer: The content here is for informational purpose only. Seabay Logistics does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided.
Transpacific traffic is on the rise again at the port of Oakland,
2021-10-20 / Logistics News
The Port of Los Angeles is beginning the hard work of convincing t
2021-10-18 / Logistics News
Appraisals of the situation at Felixstowe conflicted today – a rep
2021-10-14 / Logistics News
In a matter of weeks, Canada’s premier ocean gateway has gone from
2021-10-12 / Logistics News
There are over 60 container ships full of import cargo stuck offsh
2021-09-30 / Logistics News
The Port of Los Angeles is holding back on extending its gate hour
2021-09-27 / Logistics News
The queue of container ships waiting to berth at the Los Angeles/L
2021-09-17 / Logistics News
A typhoon that swept its way through East Asia is now forcing two
2021-09-14 / Logistics News
Add ：# 3108, CIQ Building, South Wenjin Road, Luohu District, Shenzhen China 518001.
Tel ：+86-755-82141292 Fax ：+86-755-82141001
Please login WeChat on your mobile and scan below QR Code to find us.(You will have to download WeChat Apps on your mobile first if you don't have this application.)