For time-sensitive goods, temperature-sensitive goods, valuables, and fragile goods, air freight remains the optimal shipping option. When you have access to the safest and fastest transportation mode, you may still wonder how to get real-time information on your air shipment as it travels along the way. Indeed, updated cargo status means an extra layer of security and reliability. So what should you do? Read on, and we will show you some viable methods of tracking and tracing. Besides, we will also introduce an air cargo tracking tool for your use so next time you will know where to look at.
1. Why Should You Track Your Air Cargo Shipment?
2. How Do You Track and Trace Your Air Cargo Shipment?
4. What is Air Waybill Number Tracking?
5. Specific Steps to Track Your Air Cargo via an Air Waybill Number
6. Solution for Air Cargo Tracking: Air Cargo Tracking Tool Handy for Use
7. How Would You Benefit from Our Air Cargo Tracking Tool?
Options to track and trace vary. You can visit the official website of your air carrier to track your air freight online, or you can communicate with your freight forwarder/shipping agent directly to get up-to-date information on your cargo. Another viable method is using a third-party tracking service which allows you to keep an eye on your air shipment across multiple carriers with the Air Waybill number. Read on, and we will show you everything you need to know about Air Waybill and Air Waybill number tracking.
Air Waybill (AWB) is the most crucial piece of documentation for shipping air freight. It is usually issued by the air carrier (namely the airline) that handles your shipment. Unlike the Bill of Lading, the AWB is not a document of title to things and does not provide merchandise value. It serves as the delivery proof. And it represents the legal agreements between the carrier and the shipper.
The following information can be found on Air Waybill:
● Name of the carrier
● Name and address of the consignee
● Name and address of the shipper
● Cargo description (including volume, size, weight, nature, and more)
● Shipment value declared for customs purposes
● Airport of departure and airport of destination
● Pre-paid freight or freight collect clauses
● Date and signature of the issuing carrier or the carrier's agent
You can also easily obtain the Air Waybill number on the AWB, which is a set of unique codes with a length of 11 digits. The AWB number plays an essential role in tracking and tracing your air shipment.
AWB tracking, or Air Waybill number tracking, refers to getting updated shipment information with the help of an Air Waybill Number, including the shipment status, flight details, flight availability, delivery dates, the estimated date of arrival, the customs clearance status, the current position, etc. With the Air Waybill number, you can easily track and trace your air cargo throughout the cargo's whole journey just by typing and clicking.
Tracking the air cargo can be done within just seconds if you already have the correct AWB number. Check the following how-tos to get it started:
● Get the electronic Air Waybill from your air carrier or freight forwarder/shipping agent so that you can obtain the Air Waybill number.
● Visit the official website of the carrier and log in to it if required, and then find and click the "Track and Trace" or "Shipment Tracking" section from the navigation bar on the top of the website. Or, you can utilize a third-party track-and-trace service that enables AWB number tracking.
● Type your 11-digit Air Waybill number into the designated search bar on the web page.
● Click on the "Search" or "Track" button to submit your request, and the cargo visibility starts here.
● Check the results so you can have a clear idea of how your air shipment travels.
We have developed an integrated interface that allows you to track your air cargo for 200+ carriers. By just entering the AWB number and clicking the "Track" button, you can easily access the tracking information on your air shipment from worldwide carriers. Explore our air cargo tracking tool now, and keep up with your air shipment updates. We keep this AWB number tracking tool user-friendly, highly-efficient, and free of charge so you can see how transparent and visible the shipping process will be.
● You can track air shipments across multiple carriers without opening up different websites.
● You can have real-time visibility over the shipping process so that you will know whether your shipment is moving as planned.
● You will get reliable information on your air shipment at any point during transit. The air shipment status is provided by the airline officially and directly, which further reduces the possibility of any error.
● There is no need for you to communicate with the carrier/shipper/freight forwarder/shipping agent manually. You can track and trace your own shipment within seconds all by yourself. So your time, energy, and resources will not be consumed.
©2023 Seabay International Freight Forwarding Ltd. All rights Reserved