Terms & Glossaries of Shipping and Trading


Small fittings that slide on a rod or line.

What is Travellers?

The most common use is for the inboard end of the mainsheet; a more esoteric form of traveller consists of 'slight iron rings, encircling the backstays, which are used for hoisting the top-gallant yards, and confining them to the backstays'.